Hey dolls! Another weekend come and gone! I'm always looking for some fun and money saving ideas of things to do during the week nights and on the weekends! Found these 50 suggestions and actually tried some this weekend! Had a blast doing them and thought I'd share! It's always fun to try a new date night idea so check these out!
50 Fun & Cheap Date Ideas!
1. Make your own fondue. Use a fondue pot (or crock pot) and dip fresh fruit, cake, cookies, marshmallows, and pretzels in melted chocolate.
2. Make homemade pizzas together. Grab pizza dough and each choose your own toppings!
3. Fly kites. You can usually find them at the dollar store!
4. Try a new sport together.
5. Have a game night. Pull out all of your board games for a friendly night of competition. Be sure to have some treats for the occasion!
6. Be a tourist in your own city.
Find what tourist attractions are in your city and spend the night
acting like tourists, which includes taking cheesy pictures!
7. Go rollerblading or skating (if the weather is bad, try an indoor skating rink).
Rent a four wheeler, snowmobile, scooter, waver runner or something
you can do a little exploring on. You can often find deals online for
9. Go to a thrift store. Each person gets $5 to spend! See who ends up with the best item(s)!
10. Have a picnic. If the weather doesn't permit, lay out a blanket on the floor and eat in the living room!
11. Go see a play. Whether at your local community theater, high school or a big production, there is plenty of entertainment available!
12. Stargazing. Pack a blanket, pillows and food and go somewhere to see the stars. Do some research before and look for constellations.
13. Go to a park (if weather permits). Swing on the swings, play frisbee, or feed the ducks!
14. Check out a local museum. They usually don't cost much, if anything, to get in!
15. Have a "crazy dinner." Each person gets $5 (or whatever amount you decide) to spend on any food item at the grocery store for dinner. Come home and prepare your meal! You might end up with some random food!
16. Make ice cream sundaes. Head to the store and buy some vanilla ice cream and your favorite toppings. Relax and enjoy your tasty treat!
17. Go to a local sporting event. Luckily, sports are going on year around! Grab some snacks and head out to the ball game!
18. Treasure hunting.
Head to the ATM and get out $10-$20. Drive around to some local yard
sales and see what you end up with! There are tons on the weekends!
19. Go on a bike ride (if weather permits). If you don't have a bike, check the classifieds for a great deal! You could even pack a lunch!
20. Have a living room camp out.
Make a tent out of blankets, watch a movie and sleep out on an air mattress. We made a "fort" and laid on the ground. He fell asleep so I watched Twilight ;)
21. Love Languages.
Take The 5 Love Languages Test
to see how to improve your relationship. End the evening with a dessert to share
22. Go for a swim.
Head to a local pool and relax in the pool and hot tub!
23. Have a coupon date.
Only eat or do activities you have coupons for. You can also check out Coupon Lynx
, for some great deals!
24. Volunteer. Sign up to volunteer at a soup kitchen, retirement home or somewhere that could use a helping hand!
25. Go to a local fair or carnival. Be sure to bring some cash to play some games!
26. Take a free factory tour. You would be surprised what factories are around you!
27. Visit the zoo. If you don't live near a zoo, go somewhere to see your local wildlife.
28. Take a drive.
Get out of the house and take a drive. Take a look at nature or local
scenery! For example, changing leaves in the fall, flowers blooming in
the spring, etc.
29. Have a movie marathon.
Make popcorn and turn off all the lights!
30. Wii Game Night at home (or any other gaming system).
Grab some food and drinks and stay in for the night playing your
favorite games! Make some wagers on any sports you might be playing :) Since we don't have any gaming systems we went to Flannigans and had pool & dart contests!
31. Go bowling.
To make things a little more difficult, try different styles like
only using your opposite hand, "granny" style, eyes closed, etc.
32. Make indoor s'mores and read campfire stories. If you don't have a gas stove, you could light candles to cook your marshmallows over!
33. TV show marathon.
Pick a TV show and get a whole season's worth of DVDs (or use Netflix,
you can get the first month free) and watch it together!
34. Theme night. Pick a theme for the night and center everything around it. For
example, Mexican night. You could eat Mexican food and go salsa
35. Try a new restaurant.
We usually end up eating out at the same places. Pick somewhere
neither of you have been and try it out! Who knows, it might be a new
36. Take some lessons. Try taking a lesson for a couples dance, pottery or a cooking class!
37. Restaurant hop.
Go to a different restaurant for each course of the meal. Make three
stops for an appetizer, main course and dessert. Take turns picking
where to go!
38. Have a spa night.
Since your husband/significant other probably isn't into manicures or
pedicures, you could try massages, bubble baths, etc. You can buy some
white towels and robes to make it really official.
39. 20 questions.
Write a list of 20 questions to ask each other or find one on the
internet. Go over your answers afterward. Here is a list of 20 questions for married couples
40. Make breakfast together and eat it in bed. We love eggs, sausage and toast!
41. Exercise together. Attend an exercise class at a local gym, take a walk or jog together or do something active!
42. Go for a test drive.
Head to your nearest car dealership and test drive your dream car! We went to Fields in Sanford and I found the car I want!! A Jeep Liberty ;) Oh baby!
43. Take a hike. This website
will show you places near you to hike!
44. Breakin' records.
Read through the Guinness Book of World Records together, and find
something the two of you could potentially achieve as a couple and then
do it together as a cheap date.
45. Visit a bakery. Go to a local bakery and pick out a treat for each other.
46. Cook a meal together. Find a recipe you've never tried and make it together.
47. Write a bucket list. Make a list of things you want to do before you die and go do one to cross it off the list!
48. House hunting. Tour some homes and plan out your dream home!
49. Restaurant at home. Find recipes from some of your favorite recipes online, create a menu and have a lovely meal at home!
50. Go to the arcade.
Get some quarters and head to your nearest arcade! Play some games and buy prizes with the tickets you win.
Have fun trying all these wonderful ideas!!! XOXO