S&T Socialite - Katherine Schwartz

Hey dolls! Hope you all had a fabulous Easter weekend! I did! Worked Saturday and then headed to the beach with my guy on Sunday for a late lunch with the fam and a stroll on the sand! Here's a few pictures! I wore the 4th & Ocean Hurley Picasso dress! It's perfect for spring! I also wore my new blue and white striped Havaianas that are great for getting sandy and just spraying off! Along with my dress and sandals combo I had a huge arm party going on from Sophie & Trey!

Loved this look! Especially for Easter! It was fun, bright, colorful and different!
Now I want to introduce you all one of our stunning VIP's, Katherine! 


Katherine in the Spring Showcase.

She is awesome and has become a friend of all of us at the store! She is always walking in with a smile and we love catching up with her about the latest in life and especially talking fashion! This girl can wear just about anything and she looks like a model! Katherine was also just in our last show! She walked and was a window model for us for the Spring Showcase! She did such a fabulous job! Such a natural! I asked Katherine some questions and for her to tell us a little bit about herself!! Here is the inside scoop and her answers....


(Me) First off Katherine introduce yourself:  
(Katherine) Hi! I am Katherine Selima Schwartz. I am a law student, competitive dressage (horse-back) rider, and a loyal Sophie & Trey shopper!


(Me) Tell us 3 random facts about you.
(Katherine)   
-Most people don’t know that I am a competitive horse-back rider, with the goal to make an Olympic or International Team. Dressage (basically Ballet with horses) motivates my entire life. I am taking a break from the Dressage scene to finish law school, and I am SO excited to get back into competition when I am done!

- I am currently finishing my 2nd year of law school, and I cannot WAIT to be done!

-Another different thing about me is that I love hard rock music. People are always shocked to hear that!

  1. How would you describe your style?  I always try to look elegant and classic, with a modern edge.

  1. Who is your favorite runway designer? I have SO many! Balenciaga, Narciso Rodriguez, Catherine Malandrino, Zac Posen, Chanel, DVF, Rebecca Taylor, Louis Vuitton


  1. What’s the one essential item you couldn’t live without? My Balenciaga handbags, I am addicted.

  1. Which store best suits your personality? Sophie & Trey or 4th & Ocean? Both equally. Sophie & Trey always has the best fancy dresses, flowy shirts, skirts, and heels; 4th & Ocean gives me my gorgeous sweaters, shorts, maxi dresses, and jewelry.

  1. How long have you been shopping at Sophie & Trey? Not nearly long enough… ha, I discovered this store around Spring 2011, and I am upset I missed out on all the cute items that existed before then!

  1. How many times a week do you stop in the stores? 2-3 usually (sometimes more if they post cute outfits to Facebook that I can’t resist haha)

  1. What do you like most about Sophie & Trey? I love that Sophie & Trey carries clothes that I will never see anywhere else, or on anyone else; I think it’s the exclusivity that keeps me coming back (2-3 times a week hehe..) I know that the fabulous little dress I pick out will not be on anyone else. I also LOVE the people who run the store, I feel like I am shopping with my friends every time I walk in, and that’s a great feeling.

  1. What’s one thing you would change if you ran the stores? Can you move closer to Winter Park? Just kidding.. In reality, I wish they ordered more of size XS, sometimes smalls swim on me.

  1. What’s your favorite purchase you’ve bought from one of the stores? Wow this is a difficult question. I have so many! One would be the soft, red suede blazer I purchased during the fall- it looks stunning and adds a pop of color to every outfit. Another favorite is a strapless maxi dress I also purchased during this past fall-it has a bustier printed top, and a solid skirt, just gorgeous! Yet another favorite is a plunging back navy sequin dress; every time I slip it on I feel like a bombshell! Most recently, I am in love with the high-low cerulean blue dress with ivory lace hem, it is drop dead gorgeous! 
  1. Why do you prefer shopping at Sophie & Trey and 4th & Ocean? First of all, I love that everything fits me so well, most clothes I purchase at other stores require alterations to fit me correctly, but everything I have ever purchased at Sophie & Trey and 4th & Ocean just fits so well.  Secondly, I love that everything I purchase is unique, and nearly one of a kind (since they only order a few sizes of each item)

  1. What’s your favorite event we’ve done so far you’ve attended? Well, I have to say I truly enjoyed this past spring’s fashion event! I got to model the fabulous clothes, and it was such a fun experience.

  1. Any ideas or suggestions for events, sales, window decorations, etc. that you think would be beneficial for the stores? I think these 2 stores are definitely doing things the right way.  I absolutely love that outfits are posted on Facebook a couple times a day!!!

  1. What is your go to outfit? I think it’s difficult to go wrong with skinny jeans, a sexy top, a blazer, and heels. Another “go to” outfit in the summer is always a tank top tucked into high waisted shorts, you can’t go wrong with that combination.

  1. What are the 3 most worn items in your closet? Hmm my colored denim jeans are definitely working a lot this spring! My maxi dresses are also a currently popular “go to” item, and lastly, I am pretty much in love with the strappy, studded sandals from 4th & Ocean.

  1. What trend for 2012 are you most excited about?  First & foremost, the high-low skirt/dress trend is absolutely stunning. I love that it is a sexy, yet very conservative style. Also, COLOR BLOCKING! I love it! In previous seasons, I was always a “black only” girl when it came to a night out, but I am loving the use of color this spring. I also love all the stunning prints, and am also obsessed with the “coral/turquoise” combination.

  1. Favorite season and why? Fall. My hair is shiniest during the fall since the humidity is gone for a while. I also love fall clothes, I specifically adore layering a dress with a scarf, blazer, and boots.

  1. Favorite spring color? Coral

  1. What are your beach basics? I don’t go to the beach without a large, floppy hat, sunscreen, and big sunglasses. I am also excited (…and a little scared) to wear my new bright blue, Brazilian cut bikini from 4th & Ocean, with the gorgeous purple sarong I purchased from there to match it.

  1. Who is your fashion icon or celebrity you look to for style tips and inspiration? Everyone who knows me well will say “Katie Holmes,” and its true! I absolutely adore her. She is always dressed in classic elegance, and when she does experiment with a trend, it looks effortless and never over-done.  I also recently like Kate Middleton, and her fabulous dresses. She definitely knows how to make a capped-sleeve dress look stunning with nude heels, and minimal jewelry.

  1. How many pairs of shoes do you own?  Oh gosh, I don’t dare count.. (yes, it’s that bad.)

  1. Beauty must have? Dior Show Mascara, I cannot leave the house without it in the morning. Another beauty item I splurge on is La Mer eye cream, it’s worth every penny to me.

  1. What do you pack for a weekend getaway? (My weekend getaway suitcase is usually only full of riding clothes for a horse show) However, if I’m taking an actual “vacation,” then definitely skinny jeans, some flowy tops, maxi dresses, high waist shorts, & sandals

  1. What decade inspires your wardrobe? All of them! I love the feminine lace, eyelets, and sequins of the 20’s; menswear of the 40’s; the classic full skirt dresses from the 50’s; bohemian prints from the 60’s, and I am currently in love with the loose fitting shirts of the 80’s.

  1. If you could give one piece of style advice, what would it be? Know your body type, and dress for it. Anyone, at any size or shape, can look beautiful. Fashion is about minimizing, maximizing, and drawing the eye to certain areas of the body using little tricks with belts, prints, and lines. Being stylish is really just about using different techniques to make you look gorgeous & feel confident.

  1. Random: What’s your most embarrassing moment? Or your favorite dessert?
I have a lot of embarrassing moments, a fashion related moment was a few years ago. I was shopping at a popular women’s store, when my authentic Louis Vuitton bag broke and fell right off of my shoulder, landing on the floor. I was pretty mortified!  My favorite dessert is a Chocolate Souffle, that is made correctly, and comes out of the oven super fluffy and ready for my spoon!


Thank you Katherine so much!!! Love being inspired by your classic and creative style! She is always gorgeous and looking straight off the runway!

Hope you got some tips and inspiration out of Katherine's interview and insight on fashion and what's in her wardrobe!

XOXO
Love, Dani